Lobster Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lobster Trolls

Discussion group for those that lobster

+2
Admin robc22
sharky
6 posters

hi rob nice to be here

sharky
    sharky

hi rob  nice to be here Empty hi rob nice to be here

Post  sharky Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

its about time
    Admin robc22
    Admin robc22
    Admin

hi rob  nice to be here Empty Re: hi rob nice to be here

Post  Admin robc22 Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 am

Ya....I am flying by my pants here but i want to mske it good for the guys......they need to get over here and sign up.......
    sheckman99

Post  sheckman99 Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks for the invitation to the new "house" Very Happy
    Admin robc22
    Admin robc22
    Admin

Post  Admin robc22 Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm

The troll list

Robc22/troll1
    Wayne/fiske 27 troll 2
    Mojo7/ lobster troll 3
    Chuck/sl/ lobster troll 4
    Bob g/ troll 5
    Capie01/ troll6
    Porgyhunter/troll7
    Harvey/troll8
    Sagamore brian/troll9
    Bradw/troll 10
    Capequahog/troll11
    Oldgoat/troll12
    Mr limpet on cape/troll13
    Canal cowboy/troll14
    Canal critter/troll 15
    Tagger/troll 16
    ProfessorM/( SB .com)troll17
    Justintrask/troll18
    Sheckman99/troll19
    Chubby-chaser/troll20
    Kones/troll21
    Mokes/troll22
    Any Luck Buddy/troll23
    Speedwell/puck/troll24
    Ditch Jigga/troll25
    Skimo/( NEFH)troll26
    Albacized/troll27
    Sore lippin'/troll28
    Ditch dog/troll 29
    Travis/(NEFH)troll30
    Ronster/ ( BCA) troll31
    Dave A/masspi (bca)troll32
    Stripersurfster/ troll33
    Admin robc22
    Admin robc22
    Admin

Post  Admin robc22 Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:01 pm

I am adding agroangler to the list as troll 34........
    Critter
    Critter

Post  Critter Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm here!
    Chubby-Chaser

hi rob  nice to be here Empty Truth Hurts

Post  Chubby-Chaser Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Hope this stays up, this was a post in S-B today by me. It was removed because it showed Tagger for who he really is.

This is nothing more than a difference of opinion and I want to set the record straight by telling my side of the story. The recent arguments stem from the issues outlined below and nothing more. I’m sorry for anyone who got wrapped up in this, if you don’t want to help settle this dispute please don’t get involved any further.

I joined the Trolls to meet some guys who fish the canal and maybe get a tip or two. I knew very little about fishing the ditch, Lepers or trollfest, but a good friend was a member and asked me to join. I wanted a Troll shirt, but found out Tommy was no longer doing them so I volunteered to make some, this morphed into making Trollfest shirts which everyone seemed to appreciate.

My first Trollfest I stayed at BSP hoping to join the group, but the 3 day party at the corner cabin was intimidating. Hugh and Scott didn’t know me from Jack and came to my site to say hi and include me, but I still kept to myself. That Saturday was the Ditch Fling and I really only knew Critter, but I walked right up to the guy on the grill and started flipping burgers, after we started talking I found out it was Tagger. First impressions are very important and he made a good one on me, knowing he was the one we called the leader I had hoped my impression was the same. That day I was introduced to a bunch of the guys and by Sunday morning I joined the group for some laughs. I was excited about the whole experience and couldn’t wait for the next one so I started talking online about making plans; this upset some of the group, I guess because I had over stepped my bounds as a new member. I’m the type of guy who plans everything well in advance; with a family and a full time job I found it makes things run smoother. In the end I discussed the difference of opinion with the people involved and all was forgotten plus I was still doing Trollgear for the club so I concentrated my efforts on that.

In the off season a few of the members came up with an idea to raffle off some gear to the club and give the proceeds to a kid’s charity, this started off as an idea to raffle a single reel and quickly blew up into a full scale event with permits, donations, flyers the works. This brought us all together, we were meeting at M&D, collaborating with vendors from Jersey to NH, everyone was excited, and everyone SEEMED to be happy with what we were accomplishing. Some people did more than others, but we all know as no one has an obligation and if you do contribute it is to be appreciated.

Some time during the planning of the raffle I was ordering new Trollgear and a few people hadn’t paid so I made a few posts in the Ditch Troll forum to let people know I needed payment. Three people had not replied so I sent them all the same exact private message to let them know their payment was holding up the order. Two of them replied to me directly apologizing for the delay and promptly sent payment, the third felt the need to make a public post blasting me for the private message. This person’s thread was so inappropriate that it was reported and removed before I had a chance to read it. A friend of mine did read it and told me what it said so I responded in the same manner. I spoke poorly of this person for not honoring their financial obligation to me and the trolls, I even offered an RM smith to the person who reported the post. This person who hadn’t paid was TLDig (Tammy) a female moderator on SOL and a personnel friend of Tagger; he took offence to my response as they are long time friends and as he states this was the day he lost respect for me. I didn’t know TLDig was a female and it really didn’t matter, I would have reacted the same way to anyone having the audacity to attack me in public for managing this task. It also wasn’t fair to the 30 trolls who paid almost a month before and were waiting for their shirts. In the end Tammy and I talked about the altercation and the following day we were joking about the whole thing…forgive and forget.

From that day on Tagger has told me the things I do for the club are not appreciated, he feels my involvement in the raffle had ulterior motives and has told me to leave the club if I choose to continue to organize gatherings and like events. He continues to attack me personally and drags the people I know into his personal vendetta when they have absolutely nothing to do with it. Sure I talked some smack about him even told some guys when I see him I was going to throw him in the canal, but anyone who knows me can tell you this was just smack talk. I don’t fight, I’m 38, I have kids and a great life that I wouldn’t jeopardize by fighting.

A select group feels the day I joined the club is when all the drama started and this might be true, but it’s important to know why. It’s easy to point the finger at someone you don’t know and blame them for a problem especially when your best friend is egging it on. I have been told by several members all of them good friends of Tagger that there is no longer a sense of unity in the group, but I ask you to look at why this is the case.

Spring Trollfest location was put to vote in the off season and the majority was for BSP, but Tagger and a few others vetoed that choice and most went to Shawmee anyway... why put it to a vote when it was going to be Shawmee regardless? That's really not a big deal, but if you remember that Saturday me and a few of the guys stopped by Shawmee to get together with the group, but not once did anyone come by BSP to see us.

Even after everything that took place in the spring we were still able to get together for the fall and had a great cookout Friday night. The group I fish with organized the whole thing and wanted to do that to get us all back together, we could have easily left everyone out if we were the ones dividing the club. Were you aware that during the planning stages of the fall Trollfest we suggested a pig roast and Tagger said "I will never take part in Slimfest"? Why is it anything he plans is for the Trolls and anything I plan I'm trying to take over or is perceived as ulterior motives? I understand how my type A personally comes across at times, it’s not well received by everyone, but for the life of me I don’t get why anyone would think I have an ulterior motive in organizing a get together or a raffle. What would this accomplish other than keeping me busy?

In a recent thread Tagger questioned the idea of a second raffle and said he received negative feedback from 2 contributors. I was the person who solicited most of the donations so I asked him publically and privately to elaborate and the following conversation took place through PM. Make your own judgment, but as you can see I made an attempt to stop the BS and he responded with physical threats, his recollection of the Tammy incident is not true, giving someone a plug for standing up for what’s right is not shitting on someone.

I discussed the interaction with the manager of the website; Tagger included the name of my town which is why I felt the need to report the threat. The honest truth is that I have extended my hand to Tagger on more than one occasion as to say lets move on and he continues to fuel the fire which has spilled over and is poisoning the club he helped create.

raffle
    Conversation between Tagger and you

Chubby-Chaser
    Nov 8, 2011 at 9:20 am
    Who were the contributors you mention in your post? I'd like to contact them to see what they didn't like about it.

Tagger
    Nov 12, 2011 at 11:42 am
    or what ?? You'll throw me in the canal .. ???

Chubby-Chaser
    Nov 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm
    Ed,

I never once threatened you and never would, not over a silly argument like this and especially not with someone I don't even know.

This was an honest attempt to help the guys who are trying to continue the raffle. I thought you didn't want to put the names of any unhappy contributors in a public thread, which is understandable... that's why I asked you privately.

Over the summer I chose to forget about the bad blood, I extended my hand to you the night you showed up at Fall Trollfest as to say lets squash the whole thing. We never talked, but I felt we agreed to disagree. Yes I said some crappy stuff to you and you did the same, but life is way to short to hold a grudge.

If you want to continue with this please let me know where you would like to meet and we can talk it out man to man, if you feel this is a threat bring anyone you like... ill be there alone.

Steve

Tagger
    Nov 12, 2011 at 5:17 pm
    I heard it ,," Throw Tagger in the canal" ., . , Twice as a matter of fact .. that all comes from you .. I take the threat serious . That ruined Troll Fest for me and it will be my last . . No you don't know me .. If you did know me you'd know both my sons are registered in Okinawa Black Belts and also do 6 weapons and have 13 yrs. of training on Main St. Brockton and in Pembroke under 8th degree black belt Bob Bethoney . I brought them all over this State and RI for yrs. doing tournaments and had a house full of trophy's .. They don't know any of this nonsense between us as I wouldn't let them know ..Their in their 20's and love their dad .
    If you knew me you'd know I've been in a Boston Labor Union 27 yrs. ,, have a 1000 friends from everywhere . Some of questionable character that are my buds .. If you knew me you'd know I am a gym rat .. I belong to 2 gyms ,, a cardio gym and a boxing gym on Main St Brockton. I train with a dozen boxers. I train like I have a fight coming up with pac man. These guys are my buds .. I'll be in the gym minimum 3 hrs. tomorrow . So what I'm saying is,, I will not be easy to" throw in the canal" and there may be repercussions . I have a very full life and don't need Ditch Trolls . I'm not trying to be something I'm not and I'm just as happy to walk away . It was all just in fun ,, but the drama has taken over and it's a chore .. Just so you know ,, The day I lost all respect for you is the day you **** all over Tammy ,,TLDig... and used bully tactics , offering rm smiths to others that would **** on her .. a girl .. You are so lucky I deleted all that stuff and Tim, DJ and others never saw what you are for real .. You do the right things (raffle) for the wrong reasons(to make your mark ). I'm done answering questions .. Ditch Trolls has become dinky talk ,,, pickels ,, hot dogs .. like 6th grade .. what happened to fishing ? I'll be announcing my retirement from Ditch Trolls soon ..I will not voice any of this publicly just to spare everyone the agony .. and when I see you, I'll just pretend your not there .
    Admin robc22
    Admin robc22
    Admin

Post  Admin robc22 Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 am

Slim sorry for troubles.......you can post whatever you want here......there is some very resentful people on that other site.........
    sheckman99

Post  sheckman99 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 am

Slim, that just about sums it up.....some people do not take well to helpful things under what they feel is their watch, others do not match up well with each other period. My personal opinion, I'm glad to see you being a man and trying to wash it under the bridge....it's the bigger person in us that needs to step up sometimes and you did just that.....if the recipient cannot be a bigger person on the same level...it's not worth the effort.

Glad I can speak freely in this forum....I wouldn't say half of this somewhere else!
    sharky
    sharky

Post  sharky Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 am

remember one thing as yes you can post anything here , it is for all to see so if you are posting here thinking no one will see it not true this site is open to anyone to see, so if there are things you want to say but dont want people to see it , until it becomes password protected,,
    so what is going to happen to the ditch trolls now? cyclops
    sheckman99

Post  sheckman99 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 am

sharky wrote:remember one thing as yes you can post anything here , it is for all to see so if you are posting here thinking no one will see it not true this site is open to anyone to see, so if there are things you want to say but dont want people to see it , until it becomes password protected,,
    so what is going to happen to the ditch trolls now? cyclops

I know, but thanks for the reminder....I didn't say anything about anyone in particular, just some opinions......not sure where the Ditch Trolls go. If it disappears, it's a shame that a fishing club based on sport, fun and history couldn't succeed....the only way it disappears is because of the members unfortunately.
    slipknot

Post  slipknot Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Chubby-Chaser wrote:Hope this stays up, this was a post in S-B today by me. It was removed because it showed Tagger for who he really is.

wrong, that's not why it was taken down.

you two can argue over who is right or wrong in person or some other web forum other than S-B.com, john won't have that, it's not appropriate.

I am not taking sides, just letting you know.

we've never met, but it sounds like from what I read, that tagger doesn't wish to make amends with you for whatever reasons he has.
    I personally think you should stop dragging this on in public and on the web, if it was a misunderstanding, then move on past it and get over it like a man.

If you want to contact me
    my name is Bruce May
    number is 508-944-2570 if you need to speak to me more.

Tagger is a decent guy

I came here to say that, since JohnR most likely will shut down that troll forum until after new years.

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone
    Admin robc22
    Admin robc22
    Admin

Post  Admin robc22 Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:03 pm

I feel bad for guys like slim and critter who put time and effort into the ditch trolls and chuck built the bait stations for them over at the fish pier........that whole ditch troll thing just imploded.....the site is offline as well as the FB page.....shame on those guys me thinks.....you guys are all good eggs and I do not understand why they were so resentful of you guys....well try and put it behind you.....I hope everyone has a very nice thanksgiving.............
    Chubby-Chaser

Post  Chubby-Chaser Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 pm

slipknot wrote:
    Chubby-Chaser wrote:Hope this stays up, this was a post in S-B today by me. It was removed because it showed Tagger for who he really is.

wrong, that's not why it was taken down.

you two can argue over who is right or wrong in person or some other web forum other than S-B.com, john won't have that, it's not appropriate.

I am not taking sides, just letting you know.

we've never met, but it sounds like from what I read, that tagger doesn't wish to make amends with you for whatever reasons he has.
    I personally think you should stop dragging this on in public and on the web, if it was a misunderstanding, then move on past it and get over it like a man.

If you want to contact me
    my name is Bruce May
    number is 508-944-2570 if you need to speak to me more.

Tagger is a decent guy

I came here to say that, since JohnR most likely will shut down that troll forum until after new years.

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone

Call made, thanks Slip

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am